US Visa Form I-129F

This is the US Visa Form I-129F explanation. If you are going to apply for a US fiancée visa then you will start the process with applying for this on the I-129F form. This Petition for Alien Fiancé petition starts with the USCIS in the United States. The purpose of this form is to ensure that the relationship is valid. Always speak to a US immigration lawyer in Thailand for more information and assistance. These are some of the documents that you will need for the US fiancée visa from Thailand. Also consider a prenuptial agreement in Thailand as an option.

US Visa Form I-129F

Firstly you will need to prove that you are an American citizen. Green card holders are not allowed to apply for a fiancée visa. You will need a copy of your US passport, your birth certificate or your certificate of naturalization. You are also going to need a copy of your Thai fiancées passport. Note that the passport will need to have a long expiry date. There is no point having a Thai passport that will expire in 5 months’ time.

US Visa Form I-129FMuch like the page on US visa eligibility you will need to show that you are in a genuine relationship. This will make up the bulk of your paperwork. You will need to show photos, emails and other proof that the relationship is real and valid. You will also need to show that you have met in person in the preceding two years before the application.

You are also going to need a written statement from both of you that you will get married in the US within 90 days after arriving in the United States. It would help if you already have booked a venue or sent out invites which can also be added to the application to show that you are going to get married when she arrives in the United States.

Very important is that if she had been to the US before that you complete the Form I-94 arrival-departure record which will show that she has been to the US before and that she was not deported. Most of the issues in Thailand tend to be where the fiancée has been deported from the US before. This does create a major issue as it could very well result in a US visa denial being issued.

Ensure that you have all the documents as there will be delays if you forgot some of your documents. The USCIS will send a receipt notice to you in the United States within 30 days after receipt of your application form and documents. The processing of the documents would normally take about 6–9 months (7 months on average) if there are no delays.

If there are any questions which they might have they might send a Request for Evidence which will cause a delay. This would normally be a problem with the correct documentation. Once your application has been approved they will then send you their approval notice and forward your documents for further processing at the U.S. Department of State.

Always take proper legal advice when you are applying for a US visa from Thailand and also understand the US Visa Form I-129F process.